Musashi Trio Mp3s

Musashi Trio Mp3s
Click the pic to buy mp3s

Friday, July 15, 2011

Where Do The Musashi Trio Songs Come From?

I, Musashi Lethridge, am the sole song writer for The Musashi Trio. There are many ways to write a song and no artist has the same method. We know this.

  Some songs have been written in the after math of an argument or break up. Some in the moments of pure bliss and happiness. Or even upon request. I have heard Jack Black say that he waits for "Insperatu" to write songs for Tenacious D. And those dudes are awesome! We all know that.

 There is no "one way" to write a song, is what I'm saying. In fact, I have used all of the above mentioned techniques and methods. Many times. And I am always thankful for the song, subsequently. No matter what the process was. No matter what.

 The amazing part of song writing, to me, is the moment before a song is written. Because it doesn't exist anywhere in the scope of reality...yet. What was the world like before Jimi Hendrix wrote "Purple Haze?" There are some people who remember, I am sure. But who has the time to think about that?  Or what was the world like before Prince decorated this planet with melodies, grooves, hooks and rhythms for all to covet. Or before Earth Wind and Fire sang us that reminder of September?

When I think about songwriting, it's as if there is an invisible song tree somewhere in our minds and it grows just as we do. It produces and replenishes just as we do. And it sits at the end of some unknown journey that you must always take to get there. Sometimes that journey takes a long time. But once you find it, you become familiar with its whereabouts. And the more you visit, the easier it is to travel back to it. Again and again and again. Sometimes in the blink of an instant. I have worn a deep groove in this path and know exactly where this tree sits in my mind. And as a result, all things come to fruition in light of this beautiful wonderful tree. And no I'm not talkin' about weed. That's the beautiful wonderful PLANT. The song tree is simply my long winded analogy and metaphor to describe my method and theory for songwriting. And where the songs come from.

 But we will never have just one answer. We know this. I am just thankful the songs keep coming. I have so many now. In fact, I started using digital storage places to keep them all. Here a few that I have recorded and placed on a Reverbnation website. Most of these are future Musashi Trio songs. If you have any opinions to share, please let us know which songs you would like us to play first. And we will gladly oblige your request from this queue.

Be well in the world. Fill your soul with music.
And we hope to see you at the next gig...

The Musashi Trio




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your insight.
    There ARE still people out there who
    love, appreciate and respect LIVE musics
    and the musicians who devote their lives
    to the art.

    ReplyDelete